so, i have now cooked the nigel slater top ten recipes it seems that there is an equal number of winners and losers – 5 recipes i would make again and 5 i wouldn’t. my favourite was the salad of red mullet with lime and ginger as it was the most unusual recipe i tried and truly delicious. did you try any? i’d love to know what you thought.
- roast tomatoes with crumbs and thyme
- grilled chicken with basil butter
- orecchiette with cheese and artichokes
- a salad of red mullet with lime and ginger
- roast lamb with couscous and red onions
- crab cakes and crushed peas
- baked onions with parmesan and cream
- peppers with pork and rosemary
- potato pancakes with dill and yoghurt sauce
- chocolate chip hazelnut cake with chocolate butter cream
i've enjoyed doing this and, having been sent a list of sam & sam clark's top ten recipes from their moro cook books (it's ten years since they published their first book) i'm thinking of working my way through a new, spanish-inspired, list.