menu for hope 3
last year $17,000 was raised for charity and this year i thought i should do my bit and get involved. find out more about how the event runs here, but in essence you buy a virtual raffle ticket for $10 (pim’s based in the usa so all monies are in us dollars) for the chance to win the prize of your choice.
the prize that i am offering, which i hope appeals to you, is a customised foodie day out in london. with me acting as organiser, host and guide!
depending on what aspects of london’s culinary abundance you are interested in, we could spend some time visiting the world-famous borough market, soho’s china town or north london’s oriental city.
or maybe you’d prefer to visit some of the fabulous food-halls in our famous department stores, stopping off at some of their in-house food destinations – laduree at harrods or obika mozzarella bar at selfridges.
or maybe we should explore the capital’s chocolate shops?
it’s all up to you! let me know what you fancy and i will do all the research and create a special day just for you.
the small print:
- you will have to cover your costs when in london, apart from travel around the city (i will provide travel cards that cover the area we will visit).
- you’ll have to get yourself (or a friend if you are giving this to someone else as a gift) to london at some point before 1 december 2007, on which date this prize expires. maximum of 2 people to attend.
- the day out will comprise c4 hours of shopping, eating and exploring.
- i will cover the cost of coffee and cakes (or equivalent) to keep our energy supplies up.
- the date we choose is obviously dependent on my availability (i’m not cancelling any holidays!).
how to bid for a prize:
- go to the donation page on first giving.
- make a donation! each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. please specify which prize you'd like in the 'personal message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. you must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code—for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for eu01 and 3 for eu02. (please use the double-digits, not eu1, but eu01. the code for my prize is eu11)
- if your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. your email address will not be shared.
- check at chez pim on january 15 when results are announced, to see if you have won! the winner will be selected electronically