menu for hope 5
menu for hope is an initiative by pim at chez pim to raise money for the united nations world food programme. last year we managed to fundraise almost $100,000 and this year we hope to do the same. to support this wonderful cause i am contributing two prizes.
food tour - prize reference: eu05
i am offering to take you on a customised foodie day out in london. depending on what aspects of london’s culinary abundance you are interested in , i will create a special day just for you. perhaps you want to visit the world-famous borough market. how about soho’s china town or tooting’s asian market stalls and shops? have you explored the fabulous food-halls of london’s famous department stores? or maybe you’d prefer a tour of the capital’s chocolate shops? it’s entirely up to you!
damian allsop chocolates - prize reference: eu06
i recently triedthe fabulous christmas chocolates that damian allsop created for fortnum & mason and am offering to buy and ship (anywhere in the world) a box of these just for you. damian is unique in his use of water-based ganaches which creates fabulously intense flavours. which is exactly what you want, when those flavours have the imagination of pear and anise, coffee and passion fruit, salty liquorice, and the pine-flavoured “christmas.”
how to bid for a prize:
- go to the donation page on first giving.
- make a donation! each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. please specify which prize you'd like in the 'personal message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. you must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code—for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for eu01 and 3 for eu02. (please use the double-digits, not eu1, but eu01. the code for my prizes are eu05 for the food tour and eu06 for the chocolates)
- if your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. your email address will not be shared.
eat the right stuff prizes: the small print:
- food tour:
- you will have to cover your costs when in london, apart from travel around the city (i will provide travel cards that cover the area we will visit).
- you’ll have to get yourself (or a friend if you are giving this to someone else as a gift) to london at some point before 1 december 2009, on which date this prize expires. maximum of 2 people to attend.
- the day out will comprise c4 hours of shopping, eating and exploring.
- i will cover the cost of coffee and cakes (or equivalent) to keep our energy supplies up.
- the date we choose is obviously dependent on my availability (i’m not cancelling any holidays!).
- damian allsopp chocolates:
- i will select the chocolates from the damian allsop’s special christmas range for fortnum & mason. the box will contain two of each type.
- the chocolates will be posted anywhere in the world, as long as your customs rules allow this. i am not responsible for replacing chocolates that go missing in the postal system!