the moro top ten
so, i have finally finished trying the moro top ten recipes and it seems that there is an overwhelming number of successful dishes - nine recipes i would make again and only one i wouldn’t! this was very different from the 50% success rate that I had with the nigel slater top ten.
- tuna with red onion, tomato and sweet vinegar
- scrambled eggs with prawns and asparagus
- moroccan eggs with tomatoes and cumin
- fried marrow with caramelised butter, mint and yoghurt
- grilled onion salad with yoghurt
- roasted pork belly with fennel seeds
- poor man’s potatoes
- lamb with chickpea puree and hot mint sauce
i've really enjoyed doing this and it has been a great way to rediscover the moro books. I’m vaguely tempted to extend the challenge to include these three favourites which were published in the observer magazine at the weekend but think I will instead take a recommendation from a friend - paella with chicken and artichokes, from the original book. did you try any? i’d love to know what you thought.