nigel’s top ten
in may’s observer food monthly nigel salter showcased ten recipes which were “his own and readers' favourites from 10 years of recipes in ofm.” so, having not made any of those listed, and wanting to try some new things to avoid slipping into a comfy foodie rut while work is busy, i decided to work my way through them and share the results with you.
the full set of recipes (online here) includes:
- peppers with pork and rosemary
- potato pancakes with dill and yoghurt sauce
- orecchiette with cheese and artichokes
- roast tomatoes with crumbs and thyme
- baked onions with parmesan and cream
- crab cakes and crushed peas
- a salad of red mullet with lime and ginger
- grilled chicken with basil butter
- roast lamb with couscous and red onions
- chocolate chip hazelnut cake with chocolate butter cream
to be honest, there are quite a few recipes here which don’t appeal very much but i’m going to try them all and see what happens. if you’re a fan of any of these let me know (including any twists and tweaks) or, if you think there are other nigel slater recipe’s which beat these hands down, let me know and i can add them to my list of things to cook.